Monday, December 29, 2014

TWELVE ANSWERS: DAY FOUR


On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me four calling birds…

Dearest Jonathan,                                                                       12-29

I miss you so. I was thrilled when I heard the postman at the door again. Alas, instead of your calling card, he brought me your gift of four calling birds. They fill the whole neighborhood with the loveliest of music, my dear, but… I hesitate to trouble you with such a small problem. These birds all have prodigious appetites, all but the poor pining partridge, and have almost emptied my larder. Alas again, another problem accompanies this. My lawn is beautiful, almost like real snow, but the aroma, Jonathan! Need I say more? I think these are enough birds for me now. 

Love and longing for you, Alicia.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment