Thursday, June 11, 2015

IMAGINE


Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.   I Corinthians 13:12

Paul was criticized for writing good stuff, then failing to live up to expectations in his appearance and manner of speech.

I know what that feels like.  

When I have time to reflect and organize my thoughts, I do pretty well with writing them down. Speaking, not so much.

Is anything as frustrating as thinking of the perfect comeback two minutes after the other person moves on? 

You know the Mercy Me song, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE? Yeah, let’s imagine. I think it will be better than Eden, in that we will appreciate what we have. We have experiential knowledge Adam and Eve didn’t have while they lived in Eden. In that sense, at least, Heaven will be better.

Will there be animals in Heaven? Seems likely, since God made us to enjoy them so much. And if so, will they be some of the same individual animals we have here? Seems only fair, since so many of them suffer so much here.

What will trees be like? What will colors be like? What will food be like?

And what will the heavenly city, the new Jerusalem, be like? That’s hard for me, being a country girl.

In his book , HEAVEN, Randy Alcorn used a character from one of his novels as an illustration. Paraphrased: When she’d been in Heaven a little while, Jesus took her alone to a special place. She said, “Oh, how beautiful! Why has no one shown me this place?
“No one else has seen it.” 
“What?!”
“No one else has seen it. I made it especially for you. This is your private place.”

Oh, wow, that got my brain going. I can’t imagine not needing times of solitude with God. So, I want a city place and a country place. And I want a hot water waterfall.

It’s fun to daydream, even though Scripture says Heaven is beyond our imaginations—but there’s one thing certain that I’m really looking forward to. 

Can you imagine never being misunderstood?

Avi, You are the God who knows me. It’s fun to think about Home, but I want to lean on Your imagination. I don’t want to miss out on anything. In Your holy name, Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment