Tuesday, June 2, 2015

THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE


Into Your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth. Psalm 31:5 NIV

Jesus prayed this prayer at the moment of His death. No other place is so safe. No other hands are so sure, so strong, so determined, so loving and gentle. No other hands are so faithful. No other hands are able to protect us against any last minute attack Satan might attempt as we cross that final valley.  

But David prayed it as he raced through the difficulties of life on the lam. Daily temptations, daily choices, daily pitfalls. He couldn’t handle these through human strength and willpower, and neither can we.

It’s important to lean on God as our lives wind to a close; it’s just as urgent, if not more so, to commit our spirits to Him for the long haul. Only He can hold us to the path and keep us from falling for Satan’s lies. Only He can give us strength and wisdom for fulfilling the assignments He’s given to each of us.

Precious to the Lord is the death of His saints. And precious to Him are our lives.

I lift my spirit to You for finishing the good work You’ve begun in me, Avi. In a world without absolutes, where truth is relative or irrelevant, hold me to Your absolute, relevant Truth—the Way that leads to Life. In Your holy name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment