Tuesday, August 25, 2015

MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

What do you think Heaven will be like? What do you want to see, touch, taste, smell, hear? Who are you looking forward to meeting?

 
I want to see Jesus, the One who made Heaven for us and paid our admission price. I want to hug loved ones I’ve missed. I want to say thanks to the angels who guarded me so faithfully during my long journey home.

 
I want to feel the strength in my new body as I explore the home I was made for. I want to taste the living water, eat my fill of the wedding supper, climb to the top of the Tree of Life and try to see all there is to see.

 
I want to smell every exotic aroma swirling through that place. I want to join in with the heavenly choir. I want to hear birds sing and horses neigh and dogs bark and frogs croak and crickets chirp and heavenly deer bugle their praises. I want to hear the roar of waterfalls and the wind in the treetops of great forests.

Most of all, I want to hear the voice of my Shepherd, again and again and again. I want to hear my Jesus shout, “It’s time! Come on home.” I want to see the pride in His eyes as He proclaims, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I want to hear the joy in His voice as He sings songs of comfort and triumph and peace and welcome.

Avi, many doubt that You speak audibly to anyone today—but how can those who do not hear Your voice know whether others do? For who would tell such a thing? Who would risk sharing such a precious gift with skeptics? Who would want to be thought a fool, or looked at like some supersaint?  
You said Your sheep know Your voice, Avi. Open my ears to hear Your still small whisper in the restless winds of this life. Show me the way through this broken world. This weary sheep will follow.
In Your holy name, Amen.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment