Tuesday, August 18, 2015

WORK IN PROGRESS


. . . being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 NIV

Messed up. Again. And again. And again.

How about you?

A bee dancing to tell other bees where the best flowers are. An ant carrying a morsel many times her own weight. Newborn kittens heading straight for the food. A hummingbird dancing in midair. A mother eagle, fierce in defense of her nest, then tender with her chicks.

Wading in the surf, feeling the ocean just keep coming—like His love. Braced on a windy mountaintop, staring out at other mountains reaching to the horizon. Standing in the rain forest listening to a symphony of nature, awash in the rich aroma of green on green.

Lost under the night sky, looking at Abraham’s stars. Nova. Natgeo. The Hubble telescope. The enormous colors of outer space.

From small to large to immense. From near to far to light years away.

Big creation, bigger God. Jesus.

He made it all, more than our senses can perceive, from nothing to everything, in just six days.

But look how long He’s been working on us.

Easy part, knitting me together in my mother’s womb, setting me on my feet to choose my own way. Hard part, rescuing me from my mistakes nearly 27 years ago and beginning the good work of remaking me in His likeness. He’s still working on me, looong way to go yet. And He won’t quit on any of His children until the work is finished.

Wow, are we valuable, or what?

Avi, sometimes it’s scary on this potter’s wheel You’re shaping me on. Sometimes it hurts, when You pinch off that little chunk of clay that doesn’t belong. Then there are the times I feel like I’m about to go spinning off to nowhere. Help me to lie here quietly while You shape me. Then give me a mirror, ‘cause I want to see this masterpiece You’re making of me. In Your holy name, Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment