Thursday, November 26, 2015

TWO MEN, TWO CHOICES


Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.       The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.                                     Mark 10:49-52 NIV

Fresh from His disappointment over the rich young ruler’s lack of trust, Jesus called to Bartimaeus.

Did you catch what happened next? Yeah, Jesus healed him, but after that?

Jesus said, “Give all to the poor, then follow me.” But the rich young ruler turned away in disappointment because he loved his wealth too much. Blind Bartimaeus, who was given the choice to go his own way, left all his worldly wealth, his cloak, and joyfully followed the source of true wealth.

Do I have my stuff, or does it have me? What would I leave to follow Him?

Avi, I want to see. I want to look with a heart of thanksgiving on this beautiful, broken world You’ve given us. I want to see my brothers and sisters, Your children, the way You see them. Most of all, I want to see Your heart when I look in the mirror. In Your holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment