Tuesday, February 9, 2016

MIRACLE WORKER


And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. John 14:13 NIV
In Some Folks Feel the Rain, Others Just Get Wet, P59, James W. Moore poses a question: “If you had the power right now to perform one miracle, what would it be? What would you do?”

Oh, wow. How big a miracle? How broad? How high should I jump?
Would my miracle be selfish? Would I zap my mind into being a super prolific, best-selling author? A slim, young, vibrant, energetic, efficient author? A public speaker extraordinaire?

Would I be altruistic? Would I end poverty and hunger? Would I end domestic violence? Change the hearts of all who have ever abused anyone, human or animal, or themselves? Would I zap peace into the Middle East? Would I zap peace and unity into His very human church? Or, would I rescue one lonely soul?

Yeah, if I could.

But wait… if I did any of these things, would I be getting in God’s way? Would I be tearing down someone’s classroom before their lessons are learned? Or, would I be part of the answer to their desperate prayers? Would my choice, my actions, bring them good and glorify the God whose I am?

How am I to know? Such decisions are way, way beyond my pay grade. I’d have to go straight to the Boss on any of those options.

But I already have miracle-working powers. I can go anytime I want with anything I want to the God of Miracles. And He, my Father, with His infinite love and wisdom, will choose the best answer—and do it.

If any of you were hoping to be my miracle, just tell me and I’ll ask my Father for you.

You know what, Avi? All this speculation about performing a miracle? I like being a miracle. I like being Your miracle, Your new creation, Your child. Ahavcha, Avi. In Your holy name, Amen.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. "Such decisions are way, way beyond my pay grade." Love the way you write. Another hearty chuckle!!

    ReplyDelete