Tuesday, January 15, 2019


COOKIE  WARNING

If you do warn (him) you will have saved yourself. Since you did not warn him… I will hold you accountable for his blood. Ezekiel 3:19,20 NIV

I’m a reasonably good cook with most things I take the trouble to cook. Can’t get fancy with it. But hey, cookies are simple and easy, and I do pretty well.  

Now there’s a law somewhere far away, as far as my posts can go, that says I have to warn people if I’m serving up cookies on my blog site. I don’t know how to get the cookies from the oven to the Internet, and the ingredients are too expensive for me to send cookies to everyone, anyway.    

Old ladies shouldn’t have to learn all this computer stuff. There are far more important things to spend what’s left of my time and brainpower on.

I should resent having to warn people about my cooking—I really don’t think it deserves a warning—but I’m not that sensitive about it. Taste for yourself, pick and choose and eat what you want, don’t eat what you don’t want. Just assume you’re invited to the cookie party and, if you don’t like mine, cook your own.

But the notice said that, while Blogger did me the courtesy of taking care of this, in the end I’m responsible for being sure the warning is there. So, here it is: There might be some of my own delicious cookies on my site; they have a way of disappearing, like socks in the dryer, never to be seen again. There might be someone else’s cookies there, dark, burned ones. How am I to know? I can’t see them or smell them or taste them, but they might be there, wrapped in foil to keep them safe or to hide them from the diet police. And, Heaven forbid, someone might be allergic to the peanut butter ones or someone might not be able to handle the sugar.

If anyone can’t eat peanut butter or sugar, this is a warning: STAY AWAY! Because if my cookies got in there, I don’t know how to get them out. Maybe some kind readers can eat them all in time to save the rest of us.

To me, there are other things more important to be warned about, like missing the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. You don’t want to miss that! You can eat all you want of anything you want from that table, every kind of cookie there is, stuff we can’t even imagine, no allergies, no dieting. And the company is out of this world. You have a standing invitation from Jesus, the God who made you, paid your spiritual debts, stamped your ticket to your own personal abundant life of real peace with God both here and forever.

All you have to do is RSVP your acceptance directly to Him.

OK, now I’ve warned you of my cookies and of the danger of missing out on abundant life in Jesus here, missing out on Heaven forever. Now I’m innocent of your blood.

Avi, I did what I could here. Now, will you fill in the blanks for each and every one who reads this? Show them who You really are, and how much You love them, how much You want them. In Your Holy Name, Amen.









































No comments:

Post a Comment