Tuesday, October 20, 2015

WHO, ME?

If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself.                                                   II Timothy 2:13NIV

I’m back to that old Rusty Goodman song, “Who am I that a King should die for me?”

I got that part. It’s because I’m His child, and He’s my Father. Dying for me was an act of love, and love is who this King is (among other things). Love is what He does.

I got the part about Him. The part I have trouble with is the part that has to do with me. Why did He choose me out of all this great orphanage called Earth? I’m not the prettiest, or the smartest, or the most capable, or the most patient. I’m not the cuddliest, or the funniest, or the most charismatic. I’m not the most talented or the hardest worker. Sometimes I’m not the cleanest. (I’m an outdoor, girl, remember.)

Why me?

Avi, I get it, but I don’t get it. Maybe this is one of those things I don’t have to understand. That’s OK—but I still want to understand because I want to know You more. In Your holy name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment