Thursday, January 21, 2016

PRESS THREE FOR TRINITY


And call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor me.                  
Psalm 51:15 NIV
Late on writing my blog because I’ve been trying to contact Microsoft about a problem with my Surface 3. Screen frozen, won’t turn off, won’t respond to buttons, keys, touch.
 
At all.

For two days.

That’s a mighty long three minutes to wait for a call back or a chat. Then, with every call, a message would finally pop in to say that no techs were available, call back during regular business hours—8AM to midnight.

Duh. My clock says I’m smack in the middle of that time frame. You’d think a big tech company would have a working clock, wouldn’t you?

Can you taste my frustration?

I got up this morning to try again, a prayer on my lips and in my heart, a plea to the God who promised to be there, to hear, to answer when I call. “Please let me get through to someone who can help, and let this machine, this expensive young machine, be OK.”  

Finally, after several more tries, I called a different number to register a complaint. The phone was answered with a minimum of menu runaround—by a tech.

After I promised to try not to take my frustration out on him and told him my story, he fixed my problem. A simple, 30 second, one button fix.

Y’all been there, done that?

Microsoft is no different than anything else in this world. All of it will let you down.  But not God. Not the One who can and will keep His promises.

Oh, and if anybody else has the same problem, you just press the Power button and hold it down for a full 30 seconds. It’ll go off, and you can turn it back on normally. I just hadn’t held it long enough. At least I knew enough to keep it on the charger; you can't replace the battery when it's gone.

Avi, I don’t know where to start. I’m overwhelmed by Your faithfulness, Your care for me in the smallest details of my life. Help me to praise You, to thank You, to love You, to honor You. In Your holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment